Where is M/S Westerdam now? click here
Where is M/S Nieuw Amsterdam now? click here

Saturday, April 9, 2016

Honolulu, Hawaii

April 8, 2016

After staying up until 2 am to get my blog up-to-date I slept until 10.  There was nothing I had to do so I decided to stay on the ship.

On my way to the pool I dropped off my request for an excursion on Hilo and the items I brought for Fanning Island (more about this island a little later in the cruise).

By 10:30 I was on the aft Lido deck by the Sea View Pool.  I was one of the few there.  I swam for about a half an hour with the pool to myself.

I decided to try the Taco Bar since I had not tried it last cruise.  All kinds of items to put on the tacos (soft and hard shell).  My tacos were very tasty and I will definitely try them again.  I ate looking at Diamond Head off the starboard stern.  The Captain and another officer had their lunch out there also.

Another half hour swimming laps (they are short laps in the tiny pool) and I sat out until 2 pm.

Back to my cabin to get ready for the afternoon and sail-away from Honolulu.  There was trivia at 4:30.  Sherita, Susie, and I played and a lady asked to join us.  We had 11 out of 16.  Six teams tied with 12 correct.  One team looked up answers using their cell phone.  One member swore they hadn't but another confessed.  They all acted surprised that this was not allowed (Really???).

1. Which 1963 movie was the most costly one made for over 30 years?
2. Who was the first non-Royal to appear on a British stamp?
3. What country did not classify beer as alcohol until 2011? (Before then classified as a soft drink.)
4. A cockroach can live several (days, weeks or months?) without a head.

We actually left a few minutes early (scheduled to leave at 5).  After we lost at trivia, I went out on deck 10 to watch Honolulu fade into the distance.

Finished reading my book and turned it in to the book exchange before evening trivia.  We only had 10 out of 15 correct and three teams tied with 13.

1. 8 acres is how many square miles?
2. Who was the angel in "It's A Wonderful Life"?
3. Which continent has no volcanoes?
4. What does the "WD" stand for in WD-40?
5. Who had a license plate that read "A1ANA2"?

Off to dinner with all seven present.  Going to bed early tonight (have an 8:15 excursion tomorrow) so I did not go to the show, pianist Tomono Kawamura.


Sea View Pool


My lunch view


Good-bye to Honolulu 



Afternoon trivia
1. Cleopatra
2. Shakespeare
3. Russia
4. Weeks

Evening trivia
1.  640
2.  Clarence
3.  Australia
4.  Water displacer
5.  Lawrence Welk

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment