Where is M/S Westerdam now? click here
Where is M/S Nieuw Amsterdam now? click here

Friday, April 15, 2016

At Sea

April 15, 2016

No, you did not mis-read the date.  No, I did not put the wrong date.  It is actually Friday, April 15 again today.  We crossed the International Date Line and gained back the day we missed (April 12).

I slept most of twelve hours even though I woke up numerous times to get into a more comfortable position to breathe through my stuffed up sinuses.  Turns out it is not a cold but my usual sinus infection I get 2-3 times a year.

The only good thing about this is I finally got to see the "Good Morning Westerdam" show with Mario (the Cruise Director) and Jorge (the Show Host).  I am usually out of my cabin between 10 and 1 when the show is on the TV.

Left for trivia about 12:30 to get seats.  Five of us played and we tied with another team with 13 out of 18 but lost the tie-breaker.

1.What was the first city to be destroyed by a plutonium bomb?
2. In what country is the deep water port of Ashdod?
3.Who opened the 1976 Montreal Olympics?
4.Amino acids are essential for the formation of what in the body?

After trivia I went to the Lido for lunch.  I got some rice from the Asian section but did not care for the flavoring so I just had a roll and fruit.

Went out to the deck by the Sea View pool to find a seat for Name That Tune at 2pm.  It was once again very hot and humid.  By the time the game was over at 3:30, I felt I had melted. We (same team as yesterday) had 12 correct but the winning team had 14.

After my afternoon ice cream I decided to rest awhile.  I had already told Karen and Alex (dinner companions) that I wasn't going to the MDR tonight so I didn't change to eat in the Lido.  My rest turned into an hour and a half nap.

A quick dinner in the Lido (I ate the same as last night).  HAL used to have about three of the choices from the MDR available in the Lido.  No longer.  Tonight there was a choice of fish, steak, turkey or eating from the pasta station.  The only appetizers available is soup or a fruit cup.

There were five of us playing evening trivia and we tied with another team with 11 out of 15.  We both put the same answer for the first tie breaker (How many movies was Elvis in?) but they came closer on the second one (When did France introduce the metric system?).  Good news is the artichokes did not win either trivia today.

1.Who was the first Sports Illustrated "Sportswoman of the Year"?
2.Against which disease did Edward Jenner develop a vaccine?
3.Which direction do Japanese make sure the head faces when buried?
4.In the second century AD Ptolemy established which mystic art that still is popular today?

I called it a night after trivia (skipped the magician, Craig Diamond) so I can get the sleep I need when I have a sinus infection.

Afternoon trivia
1.Nagasaki
2.Israel
3.Queen Elizabeth
4.protein

Evening trivia
1.Billie Jean King
2.smallpox
3.north
4.astrology
First tie breaker - 33
Second tie breaker - 1790

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment