Where is M/S Westerdam now? click here
Where is M/S Nieuw Amsterdam now? click here

Friday, April 29, 2016

At Sea

April 28, 2016

I was pretty much useless today.  I watched the Morning Show and skipped Sit and Stitch as I was very slow getting going today.  The gray skies and rain did not inspire me to be vert active.

I went to the lecture called "Hot, Hot, Hot, the Music of the Caribbean" by Angela Schneider at 11 am.  It was interesting to learn about the beginning of genres like Reggae and the development of the pans (or steel drums).

Had to leave the lecture a little early because we were meeting for a Cruise Critic lunch at the Pinnacle Grill at 11:50.   Because of the lunch, Susie and I missed 1 pm trivia.  I had the hamburger which was only OK in my estimation.  I had the same starter and dessert as last time so no photos of that.

After that huge lunch (which I did not even finish) I was ready for an afternoon nap.  I tried to get on the internet but after a half hour of getting on, getting kicked off within a couple of minutes, logging on, getting kicked off, etc. I gave up and took a nap.

There was an unusual Culinary Trivia on a sea day at 4.  Susie and I played with three others.  The topic was cheese and we were able to get 12 answers (I knew 2) but the winning team had 13.  I then spent another fruitless half hour trying to get on the Internet before I gave up.

1.Chevril is French for cheese from what kind of milk?
2.What is a turophile?
3.Name four cheeses native to the US?

I had purchased a dinner at the Pinnacle Grill prior to boarding but then received a free one from my travel agent, so I went to the Front Office to see if I could get the money I had already paid credited to my onboard account.  Although it took about 10 minutes she was able to do it.
The man next to me was asking about the lack of access to the Internet.  The lady was trying to tell him there had been no reported problems.  I spoke up and said I had not been able to get on  all day either.  She then made a call and came back with the we were out of range of the satellite.

It was then time to get ready for dinner at Le Cirque.  I never realized until I was onboard (and booked) that the Cruise Critic lunch and Le Cirque were on the same day.  I really wasn't very hungry after the huge lunch but I'd paid for it so I went.  There were supposed to be five of us but one Cruise Critic member wasn't feeling her best so there were only three.  The food was very good and I think the creme brûlée was the best I have ever had.

We were finished by 8:30 so I went to the Crow's Nest for 80s Name That Tune.  The winners had 14, we had 13.  We played with Carl and Linda and after trivia was over we sat and talked with Jorge, the Show Host, for about an hour.  I then went to the Indonesian Crew Show.

When I returned to my cabin there was a little gold box with two truffles in it and a note thanking me for eating at Le Cirque.

This entry is late because the Internet was still not working as of 12:25 am on the 29th.


The burger from the Pinnacle Grill lunch


Le Cirque monkeys


Lobster salad starter


Chateaubriand


Creme brûlée 


Creme brûlée recipe in the bottom of the dish

After dinner treats


Box with two truffles (that were really good!)








Pictures from the Indonesian Crew Show



Culinary Trivia
1.goat
2.lover of cheese
3.jack, American, brick, and Colby

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment