Where is M/S Westerdam now? click here
Where is M/S Nieuw Amsterdam now? click here

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

At Sea

April 13, 2016

Up around 9:15 and then to Sit and Stitch.  We had seven people today.  Left for lunch about 11:15.  They were setting up a barbecue on the pool deck.  I don't understand why HAL does not do a better job of promoting these special eating venues.  All it said in today's "On Location" was "Polynesian Market - Sample flavors from the islands, tropical cocktails and special offers from around the ship."

I passed on the barbecue and headed to the Taco Bar which I enjoyed as much as last time.

Four of us played trivia at 1 and we had 12 out of 16 correct.  Three teams tied with thirteen.

1.Which came first - the toaster or sliced bread?
2.What was Play-doh originally sold as?
3.Egyptian and Sea Island are both types of what?
4."Moonwalk" was a 1988 biography of whom?

After trivia I came back to my cabin to drop off my knitting bag and pick up my wine for our roll call wine tasting at 2:30.  We had about 15 bottles of wine and 25 people for the tasting.  Many actually liked the "Red Velvet" wine I purchased in San Diego although I did not.  Between yesterday's dinner with wine and the tasting, I think I have consumed in 24 hours as much wine as the rest of my life put together!

I met up with Renee (another roll call member) who had purchased more French Polynesian francs than she needed and sold me some of her excess (I had been unable to get any at home.).

It was then time to get ready for evening trivia.  Pat and Ann joined Susie and me.  Jorge, the Show Host who usually does evening trivia was sick so we had Clinton (whose title escapes me) ask the questions.  There were 15 questions and a three point bonus question.  We got 17 points and tied another team.  We beat the artichokes who only had fourteen!  Clinton bought both the winning teams drinks.  I had a frozen strawberry daiquiri.
1.What year came after 1 B.C.?
2.In what country was tennis star Roger Federer born? (The one we missed)
3.Which musical features the song, "Sit Down You're Rocking the Boat"?
4.In 1963, which musician was billed as the "five year old genius"?


All present for dinner.  I had a delicious sweet and sour chicken for my main course and cherry Pavlova for dessert.

I skipped the evening show which was violinist, Vincenzo Gentile.





Above are some pictures of the barbecue


Some of the wines we tasted

Afternoon trivia
1.toaster
2.wallpaper cleaner
3.cotton
4.Michael Jackson

Evening trivia
1.1A.D.
2.South Africa
3.Guys and Dolls
4. Little Stevie Wonder

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment