Where is M/S Westerdam now? click here
Where is M/S Nieuw Amsterdam now? click here

Sunday, April 17, 2016

At Sea

April 16, 2016

I slept from 9:15 last night to 9:15 this morning.  Woke up to a cloudy/foggy/rainy morning.

Left for Sit and Stitch early.  There were only five of us.  I could not do much knitting because wearing my glasses when I have a sinus infection gives me even more of a headache.

Trivia was at 11 because there is a fashion show at 1.  Only two of us played and we had 9 put of 16. Winners (not the artichokes) had 14.

1.What is the correct name for a rabbit's tail?
2.What this the only mammal to lay eggs?
3.From which part of its body does a cow sweat?
4.Who is the mother of Star Wars' Carrie Fisher?

Lunch in the Lido as the rain poured down.  I had a very good B.L.T. and fruit for lunch.

Name That Tune was supposed to be at the Sea View Pool at 1:30 but they did not announce where it was moved to.  After looking around for where it might be, I gave up and went back to my cabin for a nap.  I slept a little over an hour and felt good enough to work on the blog for a while.  About 5 I was tired again so I slept for another hour and a quarter.  I woke up feeling well enough to go to the MDR for dinner.

At 7 I played trivia with Ann and Pat and Robin and Anne (who sometimes play with the artichokes.  We had 11 correct but two teams tied with 12.  The artichokes ended up winning.

1.Which sense is most closely related to memory?
2.Which US state eats the most SPAM?
3.How many furlongs in a mile?
4.Which animal has the longest tail?
5.What does a dipsomaniac crave?

Only five of us for dinner (Karen and Alex ate at the Pinnacle Grill for their anniversary).  I had a good chicken dish and mango sorbet for dinner.  The show was "Soundstage" which I saw last year so I passed (it was already later than I had been up in the last few days).

We are supposed to get to Rarotonga tomorrow but there is some question about being able to tender.  The winds have been up to 45 mph and if they continue tendering won't be possible.

Morning trivia
1.a scut
2.platypus
3.nose
4.Debbie Reynolds

Evening trivia
1.smell
2.Hawaii
3.8
4.giraffe
5.alcohol

Smooth sailing until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you have a sinus infection Kathy. Hope it clears up soon. Love reading about your travels

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think of me when you are in Raratonga. I landed there back in 1974 and had our Queen Elizabeth on board. One of the most memorable flights I have ever done.

    ReplyDelete