Where is M/S Westerdam now? click here
Where is M/S Nieuw Amsterdam now? click here

Sunday, April 3, 2016

At Sea

April 3, 2016

What a difference fifteen hours of sleep makes!  Yes, I slept 15 hours and woke up feeling like a new person.

After that good sleep I unpacked one suitcase and my carryon.  About 11 I went up to the Lido Deck and read my book for awhile.  Then I had a light lunch (my favorite, rice, and some fresh fruit) which tasted good.

Trivia at one.  Only one of my Cruise Critic partners showed up and we only had 7 out of 16 (winners tied with 13).

1. Shakespeare coined what word that means "to kill"?
2. True or False?  A pineapple is a berry.
3. Which classic movie had the longest interval - 46 years - before a sequel was made?
4. What is the name for a group of owls?

I went to the lecture at 2 which I would like to say was good but in truth, my eyes kept closing (I know - how could I still be sleepy?) and I remember very little of it.

At 3:30 it was time for our Cruise Critic Meet and Greet.  There was a good turn-out - over 100!  Everyone was introduced and we set up times for Bunco, Mah Jong, Sit and Stitch, etc.

I had an ice cream afterwards and read my book before heading back to do some more unpacking and get ready for the evening.

I tried the drink of the day, "Kiwi Lemon Drop", before trivia.  I played with two Cruise Critic friends.  We had 16 out of 22 but two teams tied with 21.

1. Which vitamin deficiency causes rickets?
2. Which 1986 film featured the characters "Goose" and "Iceman"?
3. Which US fast food chain has the most restaurants in China?
4. What is Tiger Woods real first name?
5. What are the six weapons in Clue?

I met my tablemates at dinner.  It is a very congenial group - three couples and me.  One couple is from Michigan, one from Calgary, and one from Vancouver.  We laughed a lot!  We were just about the last group to leave the dining room.  I am pleased with my table.

I lost $6.97 on the slots before quitting.  I tried three different machines but did not find one I liked so I gave up to finish unpacking and finishing up today's blog.

Afternoon trivia
1. Assassination
2. True
3.  The Wizard of Oz
4.  Parliament

Evening Trivia
1.  D
2.  Top Gun
3.  KFC
4.  Eldrick
5.  Knife, rope, revolver, candlestick, lead pipe, wrench


There were hula classes this morning and also a lei making class


It was overcast and in the low 70s so there were not many out by the pool...


...except in the smoking section




pictures from our Meet and Greet


Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment