Where is M/S Westerdam now? click here
Where is M/S Nieuw Amsterdam now? click here

Friday, April 15, 2016

At Sea

April 15, 2016

Woke up in the middle of the night with congestion and a sore throat.  I think I have caught the cold that has been passed around on board.  I took some medicine and went back to sleep.

I had planned on going to the craft class on making Lauhala fiber bracelets but I did not wake up until 9:15 and it started at 9.  So I got ready for Sit and Stitch and went a few minutes early (starts at ten). We had a good turn out with about a dozens stitchers.

Lunch around 11:30.  I started with a sandwich but by the time I pulled everything off that I didn't like there wasn't much left on the bread so I only ate half.  I had some fruit and a small salad (their small salad bowls are quite large).

Trivia at 1:00.  Guess who won?  Yes, those darn artichokes.

1.Who was the first artist to enter the charts at #1?
2.At whose castle did Elizabeth Taylor spend her 60th birthday?
3.What classic toy walks down stairs alone or in pairs?
4.What kind of animal is a Wessex saddleback?

Susie, my one steadfast (and really, really good) trivia partner, had picked up an extra bracelet kit for me and showed me how to make it.  My old basket weaving talents made it go quickly.

At three, six of us (five from our roll call) played Name That Tune.  The theme was "Love".  We only had nine correct and the winners had all 15 although technically they were an illegal team with 10 or 12 people.

After Name That Tune I started feeling yucky again so I came back to the cabin and rested although I didn't fall asleep.  I decided to make it an early night but wanted to see the show so I decided I would eat in the Lido, play trivia and then go to the 8:00 show.

About 5:45 I set off to tell our dining room server I wasn't coming to dinner.  Then to the Lido.  I had the petite filet mignon which was excellent.  For dessert I had a berry bread pudding that looked like a muffin and was delicious.

To trivia about 6:35 in order to get seats.  Four of us played and had 11 out of 15 correct but two teams tied with 12.  In the tie-breaker, the artichokes lost.
1.Which finger boasts the fastest growing nail?
2.What does a hippophobe fear?
3.What city was Marco Polo's hometown?
4.What is the most common surname in Spain?

The show was "The Unexpected Boys" this time doing show tunes.  They were excellent just as before and received a standing ovation.


My Lauhala fiber bracelet


Afternoon trivia
1.Elton John
2.Sleeping Beauty's Castle at Disneyland
3.Slinky
4.pig

Evening trivia
1.middle
2.horses
3.Venice
4.Garcia

Smooth sailing until next time!

2 comments:

  1. Kathi, I had forgotten the date of your cruise and just picked it up and read what you have been doing so far. Really jealous you on the "high seas". Do hope you are enjoying it. Rarotonga is fabulous. I went there in 1974 when I was on the Queens Flight with our Queen. Very special place for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathi, don't blow this off as a sore throat or congestion. By the time we got to SD I had broncitis. Been on meds since the 30th of March (from the ships dr.) and still can't shake it. Happily following along on your blog.

    ReplyDelete