Where is M/S Westerdam now? click here
Where is M/S Nieuw Amsterdam now? click here

Monday, April 25, 2016

At Sea

April 24, 2016

I woke up a little after 7 am to a very unusual sight.  It was so amazing that I had to jump out of bed, grab my camera, and take a picture.



Yes, indeed.  Your eyes are not deceiving you.  It was the Sun!  After marveling over it for a few minutes I decided to get a little more sleep.

Last night (since it was an early night) I decided to get to the "Good Morning Show" at 9 am.  I made it with a few minutes to spare.  There were six of us watching Mario (the Cruise Director) and Jorge (the Show Host) talk about the events of the day.  The show took a few minutes and then I went to the Lido to see what this breakfast thing is about.  Lots of interesting choices.  I tried an orange juice (which was only so-so) and one of the sticky buns that everyone has been talking about (it was ok).

Then time for Sit and Stitch with about six people.  Stayed until about 11:45 when I went back to the Lido for lunch.  They had the pre-made BLT which I grabbed along with a bag of chips.  I had noticed this morning that the Lido was pretty warm (I heard rumors of a/c issues) so I took my lunch and went to watch the ice carving.  In about 25 minutes he took a large chunk of ice and turned it into a dolphin.

I decided to eat my lunch in the Crow's Nest where it was nice and cool while I waited for trivia.  Five of us played and we had 24 1/2 out of 30.  The winning team had 26.

1.What are the last names of Bonnie and Clyde?
2.What animal's hair is used to make cashmere?
3.What is the largest rodent in the world?
4.What was the theme song of Glenn Miller and his Orchestra?
5.Eleanor of Aquitaine was queen of what two countries?

It was so pretty after trivia I decided not to go to the lecture about the history of Polynesia but to go to the pool.  I spent about an hour and a half at the pool.  On my way back to my cabin I got my afternoon ice cream. They had soft-serve lemon today that was delicious.

I watched the port presentation about Nuku Hiva (tomorrow's port) while I worked on the blog.

Four of us for evening trivia.  Winners had 13, we had twelve and the artichokes 11.

1.What was the name of the restaurant on Happy Days?
2.What is the hardest bone in the body?
3.What is the name of a group of bears?
4.What is the largest cat in the Americas?
5.In what city was Martin Luther King, Jr. assassinated?

Five for dinner again.  Karen and Alex are having eye problems.  I had a scallop/mussel/pasta dish for dinner which I didn't care for because the pasta tasted like it had been cooked in fish broth.  The peach/mango crisp for dessert was really good, however.

Did not go to see the "magic and comedy of Nick Nickolas" which was the show tonight.  I did take a walk on the Promenade deck to see the stars and the full moon.


Jorge and Mario on The Morning Show


The ice carver and his dolphin


The full moon


Afternoon trivia
1.Parker and Barrow
2.cashmere goat
3.capybara (if you are not familiar with this animal, Google it - he's very interesting)
4.Moonlight Serenade
5.England and France

Evening Trivia
1.Arnold's
2.femur
3.sleuth
4.jaguar
5.Memphis

Smooth sailing until next time!

1 comment:

  1. So pleased the sun has finally come out for you Kathy. Enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete