Where is M/S Westerdam now? click here
Where is M/S Nieuw Amsterdam now? click here

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

At Sea

May 4, 2016

I wake up frequently during the night but usually I roll over and fall asleep within a minute.  This morning, starting around 3 am, when I woke up I heard a whistling sound.  I have spent 50+ nights in this cabin over two cruises and never heard it before.  It was enough noise that it took about ten minutes to fall back asleep.  The next time I woke up I actually checked out in the corridor to see if maybe the door to the outside deck was ajar but I could not hear any noise out there.  The noise continued until I finally got up around 9:45.

My knitting supplies were packed but I went to Sit and Stitch just to say goodbye but nobody was there.  I then headed to the Lido.  The full buffet breakfast was closed but they still had orange juice and muffins/rolls out.  I got a blueberry muffin and a large glass of o.j. and sat and read my book and when I was finally hungry, ate the muffin.

I had two chicken legs and fruit for lunch and then went back to the Crow's Nest for my last afternoon trivia.  Six of us played and won with 27 1/2 points out of 30.  Because it was Mario's last day (he leaves tomorrow and transfers to the Eurodam) he offered us a free drink or a pin.  Sherita had not won a pin, so chose that.  Ed gave her his drink (he only drinks Pepsi).  I had a frozen mango margarita which was good even if I am not used to mix drinks at 1:45 in the afternoon!

1.How long was Robinson Crusoe stranded on the island?
2.Name the actresses who played "The Golden Girls"?
3.What does the "00" in James Bond's 007 stand for?
4.A heptagon has how many sides?
5.Name ten major body parts that have only three letters.

Susie and I sat and talked for awhile and then went to the Indonesian Tea Ceremony.  We sat at a table with a couple on Cruise Critic.  First they brought sweet treats, then open sandwiches, and finished with scones with jam and cream.  I chose the Indonesian spiced tea which was very good.

Leaving the tea we ended up in the shop and were surprised at the prices (a flared black skirt for $170, for example).  I was headed back to my cabin to pack my second suitcase when I heard Jorge calling Bingo.  I had never watched Bingo so I found the perfect way to procrastinate and sat and watched.

I finally ran out of excuses and went to my cabin and packed most of my second suitcase.

For evening trivia we had 11 correct but the winning team had 12.

1.What German word means "child prodigy"?
2.How many Ivy League schools are there?
3.What was the first James Bond movie that starred Roger Moore?
4.What two westerns won Best Picture Oscars in the 1990s?
5.Which rock star's 1971 death was kept from the public for six days?

Said good-bye to Susie and then to dinner.  Esther and Heinz shared their last bottle of wine.  I had brisket and the Baked Alaska.

Turned in my comment cards before returning to my cabin to finish the packing.




Decorations at the Indonesian tea


Banana fritter


Beef and cucumber open-faced sandwiches


Scones with jam and cream


Afternoon trivia
1.24
2.Betty White, Bea Arthur, Rue McClanahan, and Estelle Getty.
3.license to kill
4.7
5.leg, arm, toe, hip, eye, ear, lip, rib, gum, jaw

Evening trivia
1.wunderkind
2.8
3.Live and Let Die
4.Unforgiven and Dances With Wolves
5.Jim Morrison

Last but not least, I want to wish my sweet granddaughter, Kat, a wonderful 11th birthday.

Smooth sailing until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment